Carpet cleaning is a common practice that every homeowner should consider doing to have a comfortable and healthy home. Regular carpet cleaning benefits you and your family, especially when done by a professional. The question, though, is, how long does it take to have carpets professionally cleaned?
How Long Does it Take to Have Carpets Professionally Cleaned?
It takes an average of 30-45 minutes to have carpets professionally cleaned. The time is allocated to each room and largely depends on the room’s size. A larger room will take longer (approximately one hour) than a smaller one, which can take 30 minutes to clean. In most cases, it will take a professional 15 minutes to remove the furniture (create the cleaning space) and prepare the tools for cleaning.
Depending on the carpet type and the intensity of the dirt, the professional will apply an appropriate method to clean the carpet thoroughly. On many occasions, experienced carpet cleaners use steam cleaning as it is ideal for removing tough stains and leaving your carpet looking new.
The process is easy and consumes less of your time. You can proceed with your daily duties as the professional carries out the cleaning process. Don’t wait for your carpet to get filthy until it changes its original color. You want to get carpet cleaning services from a reputable company to help you out. At Superior Carpet & Floor Cleaning, we effectively clean your carpet using appropriate methods and take less time.
Factors That Determine How Long it Takes to Have Your Carpet Cleaned
Carpet cleaning is a popular service as it improves your home’s appearance and smell. No one wants to stay in an environment full of foul odors and fleas. That is why regular cleaning is necessary to ensure an ideal environment for humans and animals. However, the time needed to clean the carpet professionally depends on various factors:
The Type of Carpet
Carpets are made from materials such as nylon and natural fibers. These materials affect how long a professional will take to clean the carpet. For example, a carpet made from natural fibers will take longer because fibers are more durable and require less frequent cleaning.
Remember that a carpet that requires less frequent cleaning needs to be allocated enough time during the cleaning process since it will take a long before another cleaning is done.
The Condition of the Carpet
A stained and dirty carpet takes more time to clean than a lightly soiled one. This is because a stained carpet may need soaking and thorough rinsing.
Also, new and old carpets take different times to clean. A new carpet is easy to clean since it does not absorb more dirt and debris. It is more resilient against dust compared to the old one.
The Amount of Traffic in the Areas Being Cleaned
Heavy foot traffic in a specific house area, such as the living room, may have more dirt than in other areas, like the bedroom. These sections may need to be done separately from other areas with less use, automatically increasing the time required to clean the carpet.
Therefore, if you live in an area with a lot of mud or dust, ensure that the frequented areas have carpets made from synthetic materials, which are easy to clean and won’t take much time.
The Type of Vacuum in Use
Some vacuums are better at picking up dirt, dust, and other debris than others. If you have an older model or one that isn’t working better than it used to, it may take longer for your carpet cleaner to finish the work.
Consider getting the latest vacuum model to help you pick the dust correctly and save time and money that you can put to other use.
Step by Step Carpet Cleaning
Sometimes, a situation may force you to clean the carpet alone. Either you want to familiarize yourself with the process, or children have spilled their drink on the carpet, and you think a professional will take longer to arrive. Here is the step-by-step guide that will help clean the carpet effectively:
- Move the furniture and other objects out of the carpeted area. This will allow you to have enough space and ensure that no damage is done to any items due to excess water spillage.
- Vacuum the carpet. Vacuuming is essential as it helps absorb dust, making cleaning easy. Ensure you have a vacuum with a rotating attachment brush to help loosen the dirt and debris from the carpet fibers before applying any cleaning solution.
- Apply the cleaning solution. You can use a specialized machine to apply a deep cleaning solution to your carpets that works its way into the fibers and breaks down ground in dirt and stains. Next, extract the cleaning solution using an extraction unit that sucks up all the dirty water, leaving your carpets looking new.
- Allow drying. You can leave the carpet to air dry or use a fan to speed up the drying process.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional to Clean Your Carpet
- Health benefits: Professional carpet cleaners use only natural solutions that are safe for people and pets. Unlike many household products that contain contains harmful chemicals that can be hazardous when absorbed through the skin
- Extended life: Home carpet cleaners can damage carpet fibers over time. This damage can lead to premature wear of your carpets and will shorten their lifespan. Professionally cleaned carpets last longer than those cleaned by hand or machine at home.
- Improved appearance: A professional carpet cleaner will have access to specialized equipment and solutions that will help them clean your carpets more thoroughly than you could ever hope to do yourself. This will make your carpets look like new ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Carpets Take to Dry After Professional Cleaning?
A carpet takes 6-10 hours to dry after professional cleaning. However, the drying time may be affected by certain conditions, such as the air circulation in your area, temperature, and humidity.
How Often Should Carpets Be Professionally Cleaned?
According to Carpet and Rug Institute, it is ideal to clean your carpet after every 12-18 months professionally. This will increase its lifespan and make it look new.
Most manufacturers recommend regular carpet cleaning as it helps carpets stay in better condition for years. It also enables you to save money on unnecessary repairs and live a life free of health issues. Contact Superior Carpet & Floor Cleaning professionals today and enjoy our cheap and effective services!